Sean McGowan is a partner at Kaufman McGowan PLLC, Corporate & Securities Counsel to the State-Legal Cannabis Industry™ and one of the leading corporate cannabis law firms in New York and the USA. Mr. McGowan and his firm combine decades of practicing corporate and securities law at the highest levels with 9+ years of extensive cannabis industry experience. Mr. McGowan represents a wide variety of cannabis companies (including several of the largest vertically integrated California-based cannabis companies) and investors (including leading investment funds and investment banks) in their corporate, securities, financing, borrowing, merger & acquisition, contract and other legal matters. He has participated in over $2 Billion of cannabis-industry transactions. With his extensive experience, diligence and interpersonal skills, he is an outstanding professional playing a key role in a highly respected organization.
Mr. McGowan serves as:
- President of the Columbian Lawyers’ Association of Suffolk County.
- Vice President of the Confederation of Columbian Lawyers of New York State.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association and its Cannabis Law Section.
- Member of the International Cannabis Bar Association, the Long Island Cannabis Coalition and the Cannabis Association of New York.
- Member of the Chaminade Long Island Businessmen’s Association, the Suffolk County Bar Association, the Long Island Capital Alliance and the Columbian Lawyers’ Association of Nassau County.
- has been named one of the top cannabis lawyers in the world by the Cannabis Law Report.
- was named a 40 under 40 recipient by Long Island Business News.
- received the Huntington Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals’ Long Island’s Top 30 Young Professionals Award in May 2013.
- was a Contributing Editor of the Cannabis Law Digest.
Mr. McGowan has been recognized as a New York Metro Area Rising Star for the last 4 years, which is an honor based on a combination of measured professional achievement and peer recognition of a very small percentage of top New York lawyers.
- Connected International Inc.: corporate reorganization, acquisition of Alien Labs and wide variety of additional matters
- Kings Garden Inc.: corporate reorganization, private placement
- Altitude Investment Fund: investments in BDS Analytics, Springbig, PathogenDx, etc.