Licensed in North Carolina and Oregon
I am an attorney who represents businesses in the cannabis industry in the US and internationally. I consult, assist with strategic planning, advise on compliance issues, and offer a full array of business services to the cannabis sector, including hemp, CBD and other cannabinoids, medical marijuana, and adult use marijuana.
I also draft legislation for governments and promote cannabis in lawful international markets.
- Rod Discusses Total THC and Certificates of Analysis with RiskScout and Abundant Labs (Video)by Rod Kight on April 1, 2021 at 5:57 pm
Rod recently took part in a legal and scientific discussion of certificates of analysis and Total THC with Abundant Labs and RiskScout. Watch the […]
- Rod Discusses the Changing Regulatory Environment of Cannabis (Podcast)by Rod Kight on March 22, 2021 at 11:18 pm
In this podcast, hosted by John Bruford of CBD-Intel, Rod discusses cannabis regulation in the US, including the new Administration, the FDA, state […]
- Total THC and Harvested Hempby Rod Kight on March 17, 2021 at 2:24 pm
It is not unusual for a pre-harvested hemp crop with Total THC concentrations that are within 0.3% to result in harvested hemp with Total THC limits […]
- New Vape Rules: Here’s What You Need to Knowby Rod Kight on March 1, 2021 at 5:51 pm
This article about the new vaping laws and regulations provides a practical overview of the things that all sellers of vape products should know, […]
- Cannabis and Cars- Scientific and Legal Implications of Cannabis Use and Driving (Video)by Rod Kight on February 16, 2021 at 9:32 pm
In this video podcast, Rod discusses the intersection of law and science that arises from cannabis use and driving. Traditional DUI tests are […]