Licensed in North Carolina and Oregon
I am an attorney who represents businesses in the cannabis industry in the US and internationally. I consult, assist with strategic planning, advise on compliance issues, and offer a full array of business services to the cannabis sector, including hemp, CBD and other cannabinoids, medical marijuana, and adult use marijuana.
I also draft legislation for governments and promote cannabis in lawful international markets.
- Rod Discusses Legal Challenges Facing Hemp and CBD with The CBD Guide (Podcast)by Rod Kight on June 8, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Listen to an in-depth conversation about the challenges facing hemp and CBD businesses with Rod Kight and Scott Hawksworth of The CBD Guide. […]
- Rod Discusses Delta-8 THC with The CBD Association (Video)by Rod Kight on May 24, 2021 at 3:58 pm
I recently discussed hemp-derived delta-8 THC with attorneys Matt Lewis and Morgan Davis of The CBD Association, a 501(c)6) nonprofit trade […]
- Rod Kight and Shane Pennington Discuss DEA Lawsuit (Video)by Rod Kight on May 17, 2021 at 10:26 pm
The HIA recently hosted a video webinar to provide information about the case. I discussed the litigation with my colleague and friend, Shane […]
- Is Delta-8 THC “Synthetic”? Does It Matter?by Rod Kight on May 6, 2021 at 5:26 pm
Is delta-8 THC a lawful hemp “derivative” under the 2018 Farm Bill, and thus exempt from the federal Controlled Substances Act? Continue reading […]
- Will the USPS Continue to Deliver Vapes?by Rod Kight on April 26, 2021 at 10:02 pm
In a recent publication, the USPS specifically addressed the mailability of CBD products. In a section titled “Mailability Beyond the PACT Act”, […]