Rod is a cannabis business law attorney. He represents legal cannabis businesses throughout the world and is editor and chief writer of the Kight On Cannabis law blog (www.kightoncannabis.com). Rod is the author of “Cannabis Business Law-What You Need to Know”, published by Aspatore Books in August 2015. Rod is on the advisory board for the American Journal of Endocannabinoid Medicine, for which he also writes a legal column.
Rod is frequently quoted on cannabis matters by trade publications and major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Time, Politico, and Business Insider. Additionally, Rod has been listed in MG Magazine’s list of “30 Powerful Litigators”, Hemp Connoisseur Magazine’s list of “100 People You Should Know”, and High Time’s “2020 Leaders in Cannabis Law.” He is part of the legal team in a pending case against the DEA regarding hemp extracts and has drafted and presented cannabis legislation to a foreign head of state.
Rod is a strong believer in cannabis for personal and medical use after using it successfully during chemotherapy treatments for cancer (he is in remission). Rod is an attorney advocate for NORML. He is also a member of the International Cannabis Bar Association, the National Cannabis Industry Association, the Hemp Industries Association, and the South East Hemp Association.
Rod resides in Ajijic, Mexico and Asheville, North Carolina with his elementary school sweetheart, Ashley, who is also his office manager. Together they have a blended family with 5 kids. Rod is also an avid musician.
- California’s New Hemp CBD Bill- Boon or Bane for the State’s Hemp Industry?by Rod Kight on September 21, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Notably, the “manufacture or sale of inhalable products is prohibited” under AB-45; however, the “manufacture or inhalable products for the […]
- Are Precision Fermented Cannabinoids an Existential Threat to the Cannabis Industry? (Podcast)by Rod Kight on September 15, 2021 at 11:07 am
Are Precision Fermented Cannabinoids (PFC) an Existential Threat to the Cannabis Industry?… Continue reading “Are Precision Fermented […]
- Hemp Leaders Comment on the “Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act”by Rod Kight on September 2, 2021 at 10:33 pm
A group of leading hemp organizations, companies, and advocates sent a letter to Senators Schumer, Booker, and Wyden today requesting important […]
- Rod Discusses Delta 8 THC and International Cannabis Markets with Vapor Voiceby Rod Kight on September 1, 2021 at 10:27 pm
“When Vapor Voice published an article on Delta-8 THC and other minor THC products in its last issue it seems readers had more questions concerning […]
- North Carolina Hemp Program to be Regulated by the Fedsby Rod Kight on August 24, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Only 25 of the 50 states have hemp plans that have been approved by the USDA. Hemp producers in states without approved plans, including NC, will […]