Licensed in North Carolina and Oregon
I am an attorney who represents businesses in the cannabis industry in the US and internationally. I consult, assist with strategic planning, advise on compliance issues, and offer a full array of business services to the cannabis sector, including hemp, CBD and other cannabinoids, medical marijuana, and adult use marijuana.
I also draft legislation for governments and promote cannabis in lawful international markets.
- HIA and RE Botanicals Sue DEA Over Hemp Ruleby Rod Kight on September 21, 2020 at 9:32 pm
HIA and RE Botanicals filed a legal action against the DEA on Friday regarding the Interim Final Rule it issued on August 21, 2020. We are proud to […]
- DEA Just Dropped a Bomb on the Hemp Industry. Part 2: Delta-8 THCby Rod Kight on August 21, 2020 at 1:06 am
The issuance of the DEA’s new rule continues a pattern of unwanted and aggressive interference with a lawful industry. This article addresses the […]
- DEA Just Dropped a Bomb on the Hemp Industry. Part 1: Hemp Extractby Rod Kight on August 20, 2020 at 11:49 pm
The issuance of the DEA's new rule continues a pattern of unwanted and aggressive interference with a lawful industry. This article addresses the […]
- Watch Rod on the Cannabinoid Connect Podcast (Video)by Rod Kight on August 12, 2020 at 3:04 pm
I recently had a wide-ranging discussion about cannabinoids, hemp, and marijuana with Kevin Carrillo of the Cannabinoid Connect podcast. Watch it […]
- EU Commission Says CBD from Cannabis is a Narcotic, Not a Novel Food. What About the UK?by Rod Kight on July 27, 2020 at 7:57 pm
What are your options now that the EU has declared CBD from cannabis a narcotic, rather than a Novel Food? Continue reading “EU Commission Says […]