Ricardo Costa Macedo is a partner at Caiado Guerreiro since 2006. He heads the Intellectual Property and Life Sciences groups of the firm. His practice covers a wide range of contentious and non-contentious patent, trademark and other IP-related rights, such as trade secrets and unfair competition, in particular in the pharmaceutical, home care, food and insurance sectors. Moreover, he has vast knowledge in regulatory matters in these sectors.
- As cited by the LEGAL 500 in 2020: “Ricardo Costa Macedo is recommended for: accuracy in the work provided; commitment to the clients’ requests and needs; clarity in the necessary explanations; availability and promptness”.
- The LEGAL 500 in 2019 also highlighted that “Ricardo Costa Macedo is valued for his ‘accuracy, commitment and clarity’”.
- Ricardo Costa Macedo was highly recommended by the Leaders League in its 2020 IP litigation and Technology rankings for Portugal.
Publications with Relation to Cannabis Matters
- Iberian Lawyer: “THE BOOMING MEDICAL CANNABIS MARKET IN PORTUGAL”: http://www.iberianlawyer.com/health-care-legal-updates/8905-the-booming-medical-cannabis-market-in-portugal
- Life Sciences Lawyer: “THE CBD REGULATORY LANDSCAPE IN PORTUGAL AND IN THE EU”: https://www.caiadoguerreiro.com/pt-pt/clipping/the-cbd-regulatory-landscape-in-portugal-and-in-the-eu/