Joshua S. Bauchner, Esq., serves as the Chair of the Cannabis and Psychedelics Practice Group at Mandelbaum Barrett PC, where he maintains offices in both Roseland, New Jersey, and New York City. He also is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy Practice Groups.
A well-known force in this evolving area of law, Joshua counsels investors entrepreneurs, growers, distributors, and retailers on real estate, regulatory, corporate, tax, and employment law matters, as well as strategic planning to help them not only adapt to the rapidly changing environment “but succeed in this burgeoning industry,” Joshua notes.
Under his leadership, the Cannabis and Psychedelics practice offers the following services:
- Licensing & Compliance
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Commercial Real Estate, Leasing & Business Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financing & Investment Strategies
- Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Advocacy
- Municipal Ordinances & Licensing Requirements
Long a pioneer in the psychoactive substances space, Joshua was instrumental in co-hosting the inaugural Cannabis Symposium in New Jersey which attracted nearly a thousand attendees; subsequent symposia continue to garner growing attention. As a prominent member, and former co-chair, of the New Jersey State Bar Association Cannabis Law Committee, the NORML Legal Committee, and the Amicus Committee, he received New Jersey Law Journal’s “Innovator of the Year Award” for his work in the cannabis law space.
With significant experience in the public sector as well, Joshua had the honor of clerking for the Honorable Ursula Ungaro at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida after graduating from law school. He also served as the Deputy Director of the Legal Division at the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs.
In addition to his professional endeavors, Joshua’s perspectives and expertise in cannabis law have been featured in numerous publications, including Green Entrepreneur, IndustryWeek and High Times Magazine.
“The value of substances such as cannabis and psilocybin (colloquially known as ‘hallucinogenic mushrooms’) for medical, recreational, and scientific purposes has been advancing rapidly and is finally being studied. Today, much needed, affordable access to these treatments, for medicinal purposes, in particular, is under consideration, and we are ideally positioned to help guide our clients who are part of this long-overdue development,” Joshua added.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001
- Wheaton College, B.A., cum laude, 1995
New York Office
70 Lexington Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10022