Jim Landau is a partner and a member of the firm’s Business Litigation and Cannabis practice groups. Jim represents clients in litigation before Federal, New York State and Local courts and other tribunals, including arbitration and mediation before the American Arbitration Association.
Jim’s practice also focuses on providing day-to-day business counseling to cannabis and other businesses with an eye toward avoiding problems before they arise. Jim has become a thought leader in the New York Cannabis legal community. He frequently writes and speaks on such topics as attorney ethics, cannabis banking and licensing of cannabis businesses. Jim is chair of the ethics committee of the New York State Bar Association, Cannabis Law Section. He is also a founder and immediate past co-chair of the Westchester County Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Committee, and he is a director and chairs the regulatory committee of the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association. Jim is the immediate past president of the White Plains Bar Association and was just elected as vice president of the Westchester County Bar Association.
Jim has been recognized as a New York Metro Super Lawyer® in the area of Commercial Litigation every year since 2012. In addition, Jim has received a peer review rating of AV®Preeminent on Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Litigation of Commercial Disputes in State and Federal Courts and in Arbitration
- Cannabis Industry Litigation
- Cannabis pre-application planning
- Construction Litigation
- Litigation of Business Torts, including Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Fraud
- Corporate and Partnership Dissolution Actions
- Enforcement of Non-Competition Covenants in Employment Agreements
- Misappropriation of Trade Secret Actions
- Actions involving Enforcement or Removal of Mechanic’s Liens on Commercial Property
- Article 78 Proceedings
- Commercial Landlord Tenant Disputes
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant litigation
- Featured in the September/October 2022 914 Magazine: “Cannabis Law Blooms in Westchester”