Elliott Rolfe was one of the UK’s first cannabis lawyers and heads the psychoactive medicines law team at Mackrell. Solicitors.
Having studied medical cannabis and other psychoactive medicines across a variety of fields, he has been able to assist some of the world’s leading cannabis companies, and has worked with all corners of the industry, including policy institutes, patients, regulators, trade bodies and academics. He is keenly interested in drug policy reform, and is a longstanding supporter of national initiatives promoting these related fields.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales
Awards and accreditation
- Global Law Experts – Medical Cannabis
- Spear’s 500 – Distinguished Individual
- Global Top 200 Cannabis Lawyers (Cannabis Law Reports)
- Lawyer Monthly – Medical Cannabis – Where are we now?
- Cannabis Confusion: Wellness vs Medical with Professor Mike Barnes
- Cannabis Legalisation News – Is Cannabis Legal in the UK?
- Positive Outlooks for the Cannabis Sector
- Acting for the world’s largest cannabis trades body on a Novel Foods issue, including representation during live negotiations with the Food Standards Agency.
- Making representations to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate on behalf of an international pet food brand, resulting in no further enforcement action being taken.
- Making representations to the DVLA on behalf of a medical cannabis patient, resulting in restoration of driving entitlements (originally suspended for cannabis use)
- Application for a high THC (Controlled Drugs) cultivation licence for a medical cannabis start-up
- Negotiating with Trading Standards on behalf of a CBD foods company, to limit enforcement action, following breaches of various regulations.
- Providing regulatory advice to a global CBD brand on the legality of their UK operations
- Engaging with the UK Border Force for restoration of seized goods
Address & Contacts
Savoy Hill House, Savoy Hill, London, WC2R 0BU