Dylan is a Senior Associate in the London Corporate department of DLA Piper. He has deep expertise in venture capital, as well as domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions. He is a trusted advisor for fast growing companies and helping them ‘go global’. His practice encompasses the cannabis, life sciences, technology, media and sport sectors.
Dylan is Co-Head of DLA Piper’s Global Cannabis Practice. The practice sits as a sub-group under the firm’s Life Sciences sector and provides full-service advice with specialist cannabis sector knowledge in over 20 countries globally across DLA Piper. The practice serves cannabis clients across a wide spectrum of issues, but has particular expertise in cross-border M&A, private and public equity financing, as well as deep expertise in the rapidly evolving global regulatory frameworks.
Dylan is also part of the steering group of DLA Piper’s Emerging Growth and Venture Capital practice. He has a wealth of experience in advising high growth companies in relation to their fundraising activities, as well as acting for investors, particular corporate venture arms, on their strategic investments and R&D.
- Advising Canaccord Genuity as NOMAD to Celadon Pharmaceuticals on their IPO on the AIM market in the UK.
- Advising Leafy Tunnel on the first closing of its Guernsey-based fund, established to invest in both medicinal cannabis and psychedelic companies; the first of its type in Europe.
- Organigram Holdings Inc on a C$221 million strategic investment from a wholly-owned subsidiary of BAT plc. DLA Piper acted as European counsel for Organigram (alongside Goodmans as lead counsel) on the deal with BAT plc, who took a 19.9% stake in the business. The transaction includes a strategic R&D partnership and the development of a Centre of Excellence in New Brunswick.
- FourFive CBD on their corporate and commercial matters.
- Advising Althea on their corporate and commercial matters. Althea is a Australian based, licenced medicinal cannabis producer.
- Phytome Life Sciences, a medicinal cannabis R&D company, on all aspects of their business from their seed financing, regulatory and all other day to day matters.
- Hanway Associates, the cannabis consultancy business, on the sale of HAPP Holdings Limited to NOBL Group, including the market leading conference series Cannabis Europa.
- Avicanna, a medicinal cannabis licenced producer, on all aspects of their global expansion.
- Materia Ventures on its European expansion plans.
- Charlotte’s Web, one of the leading CBD brands, on their expansion globally.
- Pet Releaf, a leading pet health company, focussed on cannabis-infused products for animals, on their global expansion.