David N. Feldman is a partner in the prominent boutique law firm of Hiller PC in New York.
He is also a partner in the cannabis consulting firm Skip Intro Advisors LLC. His law practice focuses on corporate and securities matters and general representation of public and private companies, investment banks, private equity firms and high net worth individuals. He also actively advises on mergers and acquisitions and private equity, debt, venture capital and other financings.
Mr. Feldman also represents investors, social media sites, public and private issuers and applicants for grow and dispensary licenses in the emerging cannabis sector. In April 2019 the global guide Chambers & Partners ranked Mr. Feldman as a leading US attorney in cannabis law and one of only seven US lawyers in “band 1” for corporate and transactional work in the industry. In addition, in October 2018 the National Law Journal named him a “Cannabis Law Trailblazer” and in January 2019 Business Insider named him as a top lawyer in the cannabis industry.
Mr. Feldman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He has served as Chair of the Board of Wharton’s Global Alumni Association and is currently serves on the Advisory Board of the International Cannabis Bar Association and the Board of Directors of the Crowdfunding Professional Association.
- Represented a lender in a $250 million credit facility for a major cannabis company. (2020)
- Represented an investment bank underwriter in two public offerings for a cannabis vape manufacturer. (2019)
- Represented a well-known cannabis media company in corporate restructuring, labor issues and transitioning its content from print to online. (2020)
- @DavidNFeldman https://twitter.com/DavidNFeldman
- @DavidFeldman1000 https://www.instagram.com/davidfeldman1000/
- Time for Nasdaq and NYSE to List US Cannabis Companies
Yesterday a major special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger announcement made some exciting news in cannabis. The Nasdaq-listed SPAC agreed to merge […]
- The Longest Shortest Year
On this day a year ago, I uploaded a post entitled, “Coronavirus Impacting Cannabis Industry.” In fact it was my first post on the virus. It started as […]
- Will Cuomo’s Troubles Impact NY Cannabis Legalization?
NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo with Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul at a Covid briefing. Unless you have turned off the news, you are aware that Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) of New York […]
- Cambridge Joins Oregon and Cities Decriminalizing Psychedelics
In a slowly growing national trend, on February 3, Cambridge, MA, the home of Harvard University, moved to decriminalize a group of psychedelics. Thus […]
- Biden Regulatory Freeze Doesn’t Impact Reg A+ Increase… Yet
As we reported in November, just before the election, the then Republican-controlled SEC approved, in a 3-2 vote, increases in the maximum a company can raise […]
- 2021: The Year of Cannabis Lawsuits?
For those who are not subscribers to Law360, they ran an interesting piece today on “cannabis litigation to watch in 2021.” This brief article is almost […]
- US House Passes Historic Cannabis Decriminalization Bill
Is the number 3884 magic? It is if you are a supporter of legalizing adult use of cannabis in the United States. That is because HR 3884 is the bill the House […]
Address & Contacts
641 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10022