David N. Feldman is a partner in the prominent boutique law firm of Hiller PC in New York.
He is also a partner in the cannabis consulting firm Skip Intro Advisors LLC. His law practice focuses on corporate and securities matters and general representation of public and private companies, investment banks, private equity firms and high net worth individuals. He also actively advises on mergers and acquisitions and private equity, debt, venture capital and other financings.
Mr. Feldman also represents investors, social media sites, public and private issuers and applicants for grow and dispensary licenses in the emerging cannabis sector. In April 2019 the global guide Chambers & Partners ranked Mr. Feldman as a leading US attorney in cannabis law and one of only seven US lawyers in “band 1” for corporate and transactional work in the industry. In addition, in October 2018 the National Law Journal named him a “Cannabis Law Trailblazer” and in January 2019 Business Insider named him as a top lawyer in the cannabis industry.
Mr. Feldman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He has served as Chair of the Board of Wharton’s Global Alumni Association and is currently serves on the Advisory Board of the International Cannabis Bar Association and the Board of Directors of the Crowdfunding Professional Association.
- Represented a lender in a $250 million credit facility for a major cannabis company. (2020)
- Represented an investment bank underwriter in two public offerings for a cannabis vape manufacturer. (2019)
- Represented a well-known cannabis media company in corporate restructuring, labor issues and transitioning its content from print to online. (2020)
- @DavidNFeldman https://twitter.com/DavidNFeldman
- @DavidFeldman1000 https://www.instagram.com/davidfeldman1000/
- Two. Hundred. Thousand. Americans. Dead.
My loyal blogees know that I do not write about politics. Today I present as a patriotic American and very proud New Yorker. I wish solely to pause as we see […]
- NYSE Allows Companies to Go Public Through “Direct Listings”
On August 26, 2020, the Securities and Exchange Commission approved allowing the New York Stock Exchange to permit “direct listings” of newly public […]
- Flash: SEC Expands Accredited Investor Definition
After years of endless discussion, the Securities and Exchange Commission just announced an expansion of the definition of “accredited investor” under SEC […]
- At Least Seven (Correction: Six) States to Vote on Cannabis Legalization
While a few states’ efforts to move ahead with voter referendums on legalizing cannabis have been stalled or frustrated by the global pandemic, at least six […]
- Corona-Cannabis Update #17: And So it Goes…
In the classic 1969 novel Slaughterhouse Five, whenever death arrives, author Kurt Vonnegut’s somewhat tortured Billy Pilgrim shrugs and says, “So it […]
- Corona-Cannabis Update #16: Virus Yields Class Action Suit, IPO Suspended
As the seasons zip by during this surreal time, we hope all are staying safe and sane, especially in states most effected currently such as California, Texas […]
- Corona-Cannabis Update #15: Here We Go Again…
In our last entry all the way back on June 14, we noted that “a number of states are again witnessing spikes,” which now seems like quite the […]
Address & Contacts
641 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10022