David N. Feldman is a partner in the prominent boutique law firm of Hiller PC in New York. He is also CEO and co-founder of the cannabis and psychedelics consulting firm Skip Intro Advisors LLC.
His law practice focuses on corporate and securities matters and general representation of public and private companies, investment banks, private equity firms and high net worth individuals. He also actively advises on mergers and acquisitions and private equity, debt, venture capital and other financings. Mr. Feldman also represents investors, social media sites, public and private issuers and applicants for grow and dispensary licenses in the emerging cannabis and psychedelics sectors. In 2019 and 2020 the global guide Chambers & Partners ranked Mr. Feldman as one of the leading US attorney in cannabis law. In addition, the National Law Journal named him a “Cannabis Law Trailblazer” and Business Insider named him as a top lawyer in the cannabis industry.
Mr. Feldman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He has served as Chair of the Board of Wharton’s Global Alumni Association and is currently serves on the Advisory Board of the International Cannabis Bar Association and the Board of Directors of the Crowdfunding Professional Association.
- Represented a 3-dispensary Pennsylvania medical cannabis group in their sale to a large multistate operator at a $70 million enterprise value. (2021)
- Representing a well-known cannabis media company in its sale to a major mainstream media company. (2021)
- Represented a multi-dispensary California adult use cannabis group in its sale to a Canadian operator. (2021)
- Represented a legendary cannabis brand in a $2 million financing. (2021)
- Representing a start-up psychedelics company in its first rounds of financing and patent filings. (2021)
- Represented a lender in a $250 million credit facility for a major cannabis company. (2020)
- Represented an investment bank underwriter in two public offerings for a cannabis vape manufacturer. (2019)
- @DavidNFeldman https://twitter.com/DavidNFeldman
- @DavidFeldman1000 https://www.instagram.com/davidfeldman1000/
- Will Incoming NY Gov. Hochul Fast Track Cannabis Implementation?
As we first contemplated here back in March, in a surprise announcement on August 10, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned amid his sexual harassment scandal. […]
- Imperfect Schumer Bill Good Step Forward
As everyone in the cannabis industry now knows, on July 14, 2021, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) introduced the long awaited proposed Cannabis […]
- Is Cannabis Now Legal in Mexico? Answers here…
First, thanks so much to my friend and Mexico City attorney Elias Lisbona Jassán of Perez Ferrer Abogados, who co-authored this piece with me. To answer the […]
- Are You an Entrepreneur?
Seems like a simple question no? Of course it actually is not. In my third book, The Entrepreneur’s Growth Startup Handbook (John Wiley & Sons), an […]
- Time for Nasdaq and NYSE to List US Cannabis Companies
Yesterday a major special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger announcement made some exciting news in cannabis. The Nasdaq-listed SPAC agreed to merge […]
- The Longest Shortest Year
On this day a year ago, I uploaded a post entitled, “Coronavirus Impacting Cannabis Industry.” In fact it was my first post on the virus. It started as […]
- Will Cuomo’s Troubles Impact NY Cannabis Legalization?
NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo with Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul at a Covid briefing. Unless you have turned off the news, you are aware that Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) of New York […]
Address & Contacts
641 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10022