Greg Kaufman is a litigation partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Eversheds Sutherland. Mr. Kaufman’s practice focuses on regulatory counseling, investigations and litigation. Greg co-founded and co-leads Eversheds Sutherland’s Cannabis Industry Team serving cannabis and hemp clients. His clients include single license holders, multi-state operators, CPG companies and service providers to the cannabis industry. Mr. Kaufman advises on a broad range of issues relating to cannabis including, permitting/licensing, regulatory compliance and investigations, M&A, commercial disputes, corporate governance, AML/BSA compliance and financing. Greg is actively engaged in efforts to reform laws and regulations affecting cannabis, hemp and the market for hemp-derived products.
Mr. Kaufman is a frequent writer and speaker on the legal, regulatory and equity issues confronting the diverse cannabis industry. He is a co-author of “The State of Cannabis Law”, a comprehensive and detailed analysis of the cannabis and hemp laws and regulations for the fifty states and the District of Columbia.
- Federal Taxation of Cannabis Under Proposed Legislation (August 2021) – Bloomberg Tax
- First in the South – Virginia’s Legalization Focuses on Public Safety, Health and Social Justice (April 2021) – Cannabis Industry Journal
- Appropriations Act Signals Congress’ Hemp Industry Support (January 2021) – Law36
- CBD Industry Caught Between Regulators & Law Enforcement (September 2020) – Cannabis Industry Journal
- Derivative Lawsuits Hit Publicly Traded Cannabis Companies (July 2020) – Cannabis Business Executive
- FinCEN Guidance A Positive Step For Hemp Businesses (July 2020) – Law360
- Cannabis and COVID-19: How the Pandemic Will Influence the Future of the Cannabis Industry (April 2020) – Cannabis Business Times
- Viewpoint: DC cannabis act should do more for patients (August 2019) – Washington Business Journal
- Industry Regulators Get Tough with the Cannabis Industry (July 2019) – New Cannabis Ventures
- Hemp Transport Faces Conflicting Federal, State Guidance (July 2019) – Bloomberg Law
- Lessons From Red Yeast Rice May Inform FDA’s Path For CBD (May 2019) – Law360
- Catching the Cannabis Wave? The Legal Status of CBD and Its Future as a Subject of Civil Litigation (March 2019) – New York Law Journal
Address & Contacts
700 Sixth Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20001